Treating Minors in Dental Practice CourseAuthor: CNA
Most healthcare professionals are well-versed when it comes to the requirements for consent, privacy, and confidentiality for adult patients. However, minor patients, including infants, children, and adolescents, have special considerations that dental professionals must keep in mind. This program will discuss some professional liability and ethical concerns specific to caring for minor populations, and will propose general risk management recommendations to help dental practitioners navigate these concerns.
Course content developed by:
- Dr. Ronald Zentz, CNA Dental Risk Control Consulting Director
- Jennifer Flynn, Risk Manager, Dentist’s Advantage/Aon Affinity Healthcare Division
- Georgia Reiner, Risk Specialist, Dentist’s Advantage/Aon Affinity Healthcare Division
The course developers report no conflicts of interest. Their brief biographies can be downloaded and viewed from the Attachments tab.
- Identify some professional liability risks specific to caring for minor patients.
- Recognize ethical considerations common to caring for minor patients.
- Understand basic risk management principles related to caring for minors.
AGD Subject Codes:
555 (Ethics in Dentistry) – 0.5 CE Hours
565 (Documentation and Risk Management) – 0.75 CE Hours
(Electronically mediated online course. Original release date: May 2020. Expiration date: April, 2023.)
*Credit toward dental license renewal may vary according to CE hours approved by state boards of dentistry. Please remember that only the relevant insurance policy can provide the actual terms, coverages, amounts, conditions and exclusions for an insured. All products and services may not be available in all states and may be subject to change without notice. CNA is a registered trademark of CNA Financial Corporation. Copyright © 2020 CNA. All rights reserved.
Keywords: CNA, Treating Minors in Dental Practice Course, minor patients, pediatric dentistry, dental course, dentists, dentist, dental staff, professional liability premium, AGD, Academy of General Dentistry
Visited 86 times